1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Aug 22, 2021 20:41:32 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

The population had taken well to this promotional bundle of services from the Lavaridge Springs.

The place was always active through the day; packed before mid-morning and bustling until the last hour or two.

Apparently the activity had its costs as there was a power outage just after noon.

Natural lights took over for a while and the masseuse continued to knead his back and shoulders like dough.

● tags:
● notes: 995 Heat Points

5 +

UXYhGI2Q

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
BROKEN GLASS IN EVERY TREE
awards
1,117 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2021 18:29:55 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
with back at home with where he belonged, bo finally felt the possibility of relaxation there within his reach. still, he had to be instructed, only noticing the tension in his shoulders when he really focused on loosening up.

it didn’t exactly help that he was here with sénon game. the head ranger hadn’t rejected him in the way bo had worried he might after the incident at the soiree, but that didn’t make this any less uncomfortable.

all the issues, right out in the open like that… his mistakes. his mess.

it was embarrassing.

“good place to be when the power’s out.”

rXM2PBrn

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2021 16:53:39 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"We got lucky." He hardly ever even bothered with the massage service, despite knowing full well how damned good it felt to have the tension physically stressed from his body. 

-and his range of motion felt better too. 'Activated' was a good way to phrase it.

"If they turn on the cool air soon i'm never going home." Not likely, it went against the theme of the thread.

● tags:
● notes: 968 Heat Points

5 + 27 +

LqqHwaNP

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
awards
1,117 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Nov 9, 2021 8:19:20 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
the pains he typically felt, winding in tension at points along his back, became sore, and then began to soften bittersweetly beneath skillfully unforgiving fingertips. he breathed long out of his nose, through the sensations, feeling things run into the center of his face in a way that might’ve crumpled him if he’d been standing.

bo wasn’t too concerned about the heat. yet. still, cool air was always nice, and it wasn’t exactly cool in here…

“yeah, no shit…”

but no complaints. not out loud, at least. especially not when he was distracted by the terrible things being inflicted on him by the tiny masseuse just barely looming over his suddenly delicate spine.

bElbjPtw
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2021 1:02:18 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"Tell me something." He tried to pick moments when his body wasn't being chopped or beaten or otherwise tenderized to speak.

If nothing else, so that the authority and tone in his voice wasn't undermined by someone giving it a manual auto-tune.

"Are you ready to take on a more hefty position with the rangers?" It was no secret and himself were looking for new blood to fill the gaps in Captains.

They needed every city organized and optimized and that meant someone at the top of each city ready to coordinate with the Heads, the Elites and other Captains in times of crisis and emergency.

● tags:
● notes: 933 Heat Points

5 + 27 + 35 +

K8TWeD5a

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
awards
1,117 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2021 4:59:28 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
it wasn’t a secret, and bo had been paying attention. hoping for the opportunity. a promotion, better pay, even if it still wasn’t much. he guessed it’d pay enough to at least get into a house with an extra bedroom, for , and that was all he needed out of it.

the question contained the implication. although he’d hoped, he didn’t think they’d be asking him, and if they ever did, it wouldn’t be so soon. yet, here it was.

was he ready?

”i am.”

dU9DG4i6
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Mar 9, 2022 1:00:44 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"Then the job is yours." His word on it was enough to make it law.

As to whether or not Boruta would weather the storm?

Time would tell. Personally, Sénon was rooting was for him. There was an edge to him despite his earnestness that made him feel as though he was cut from the same cloth as the Head Ranger himself.

There wasn't much ceremony to it, his superiors could sign off on his ascension but the region wouldn't acknowledge him, history wouldn't acknowledge him unless he put in the work.

"In the context of Hoenn as a region, tell me a little about your life." Elevating him to Captain was a simple decision.

Which city in the region to put him over would be little more nuanced of a decision. 

● tags:
● notes: 923 Heat Points

5 + 27 + 35 + 10 +

QTG|DsL_

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
awards
1,117 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Mar 12, 2022 5:19:41 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
bo knew the legitimacy of sénon’s pronouncment, but in that moment, he hardly felt the weight of its responsibilities. it wasn’t daunting; it was destiny. everything he’d wanted. he was ready, and he had nothing more to consider.

”thank you, sir. i won’t let you down.”

he was surprised at the question. ”my life?” a bit of a shitshow, really. he blinked at the floor, wheels turning in his head.

”well, i live in rustboro, by myself. i work a lot, and i do my best to wrangle my ten-year-old—but he’s a handful and i don’t see him all the time.”

bo never talked about his son. until the soiree, it had been a totally unknown detail.

”took me a while to grow up. i’m just trying my best to do right by ‘em now, y’know? work hard and stay on the straight and narrow.” for , and . and that was his life, really—except for the shadows in the background, and in the rear-view.

”that’s about it.”

RWhEp9Gi
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Mar 13, 2022 22:34:21 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"Mmmm." He nodded as Boruta spoke.

Rustboro was an important city in Hoenn's infrastructure and economy. Not to mention the personal ties Sénon himself had to the city.   

The home of Devon Corp and his mothers workplace.

"Have you made any connections to the region outside of Rustboro?" The firm hands working him over and breaking down the tension in his body as he pondered aloud. "City of your favorite restaurant? City of your favorite fishing hole?" Maybe it was all in Rustboro for him.

If nothing else it would be easier to keep an eye on that kid if he could work close to home.

● tags:
● notes: 840 Heat Points

5 + 27 + 35 + 10 + 83

mivzy5d|

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
awards
1,117 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 3:41:06 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
connections? he knew people all over, but that would have been obvious, right? didn’t everyone?

”roman’s mom lives in fallarbor, but...” for a fraction of a second he considered. he’d be close to keep an eye on roman. but he’d probably see things he didn’t want to, like coming out of her front door. ”i don’t really wanna crowd her, y’know?”

another moment.

”mostly everything’s in rustboro for me. favorite restaurant. favorite fishing hole. whole rest of my family...” he had been called smalltown a time or two. he loved rustboro, but he’d sacrifice it for better pay.

”i’ll go wherever you put me, as long as it’s not too far from my kid.”

jFG1kcmm
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Mar 18, 2022 4:27:46 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"Then there's no need to complicate things."

If the timing behind all of this was right Boruta would be able to work his way to the top and establish himself before most of the new Captains-to-be.

If things fell into place with the former-Mrs. Maher he could request for a transfer and whoever was running Fallabor at the time would likely cave to the pressure of yielding for a more established Ranger looking to be back with his household all in one place.

"Rustboro is an important city, bigger than most in Hoenn of course." Not to mention outside of its scale and population it had other potential challenges of note. "On occasion their pokémon labs might need you in the middle of the night." It had been a few months since that Aerodactyl incident.

● tags:
● notes: 773 Heat Points

5 + 27 + 35 + 10 + 83 +
67 +

06DAMucq

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
awards
1,117 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 9:40:58 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
this was really good news.

things falling back into place with was the dream. unfortunately, wrong move after wrong move had surely set him further from that than he’d hoped to be at this point. maybe it would never happen.

”that’s fine. i don’t mind being on-call.” not even 24/7, really. it was nice to feel needed.

he imagined it wouldn’t be terribly different. he’d lived and worked in rustboro his whole life (except for the stint in rocket) and now he’d continue to work in familiar headquarters. the differences would be his responsibilities, his office. and maybe his friends. he would quickly find out who had his support, surely.

”i appreciate the opportunity.”

IiwoD1V2
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2022 12:04:52 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"You've earned it, so has Rustboro." Boruta was an easy choice, a natural fit. The rest of it would be harder; finding capable people wasn't so easy.

Keeping them, even more so. 

There were other who came close; a ranger out of Lavaridge. What was her name? Marin? Cheren? No that wasn't it; Cheska! No that was wrong too. Quickly enough, he put the bronze medalists out of his mind for now.

"What's your training specialty Boruta?" He turned over to look at the other man, vexed. "Have I asked you ask that before?" It felt like he had, maybe he'd been thinking it for a while.

Boruta was a great person to start his mental catalogue with, which of his Rangers spent the most hours working with which types of pokémon.

● tags:
● notes: 734 Heat Points
Mention the name Cheren in a post

5 + 27 + 35 + 10 + 83 +
67 + 39 +

rzeAxP_F

close tab

played by

mad

bo
he/him
thirty-two
august 12th
rustboro
bisexual
farmhand
ex-ranger captain
oh, honey
like the summer sunshine
6'5'' height
6'5'' height
awards
1,117 posts
boruta maher DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @boruta
boruta maher
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Apr 4, 2022 6:02:40 GMT
boruta maher Avatar
”thank you, sir.”

that was it, then. he would be captain of the rustboro rangers. he grinned at the floor from the table. he felt like a million bucks, and it wasn’t just the skilled hands working out the knots in his shoulders.

had he asked before?

”no, i don’t think so. i specialize in rock-types. i keep a variety of things on me, though, of course.” like the dewgong that had done its best to chase after the gyarados that one day when sénon had essentially been eaten. everyone talked about . she’d at least had kyogre’s legendary gastrointestinal suite. poor head ranger game had been stuck with the cheap motel stomach and no headlines. typical.

JQFpxbfA
close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
Electrical Burn (Sauna)
POSTED ON Apr 15, 2022 23:15:49 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"Rock-types?" He closed his eyes again relaxing for the masseuse.

"That's pretty good, most fossil pokemon are rock-types," Except for those Galarian restorations.

His discrimination against those abominations was probably his mother come alive in him. As far as he knew from Mommy Dearest the Galarians weren't able to restore in a manner conducive to reproduction so physical differences between the genders didn't exist.

Coming back to Bo he those creepy lab failures out of his mind.

"-makes you something of an expert for most of whatever might breakout out of their lab."

Not only that having an expanse of rock-types ensured there was no terrain Boruta couldn't traverse; a perfect benefit for a Ranger Captain.

● tags:
● notes: 712 Heat Points
Reference gender differences in a pkmn species

5 + 27 + 35 + 10 + 83 +
67 + 39 + 22 +

43sRvES2

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region